Monday, August 19, 2013

SMS Ice Cream Social Peek!

Happy Monday!  Hope you are having a great day so far!  I had this post ready to go, but I decided I needed to re-write it and try and take new photos.  I learned an important lesson...it's pretty much impossible to do that with my newly mobile little boy.  I have trouble on my hands and it starts with a capital G.  He is into EVERYTHING.  I will be purchasing a few more baby gates.
I used the brand new Ice Cream Social set from Scrappy Moms Stamps to create a little gift box.  While Gavin was in the hospital, a super sweet friend dropped off dinner AND some little cupcakes for dessert.  I let Nicole decorate them with some sprinkles and she was in HEAVEN.  I love that she still appreciates little things.  Ever since then, I've had this idea to create an "ice cream social to-go gift".  I know that I always have BIG ideas to create really special memories for Nicole and sometimes life gets in the way.  How fun would it be to drop off all of the ingredients for a fun ice cream party for someone special?  Sprinkles, hot fudge, maraschino cherries (a must in our house) and a carton of ice cream...done!  
I meant to add some little white gel pen accents, but I didn't realize that I forgot until I took pictures for the SECOND time.  Wow.  Mommy-brain is in full effect.
Do you ever imagine that you have a certain embellishment or paper, but either it never existed OR it's buried somewhere in your craft supplies?  I could have sworn that I had some 1" or 1 1/2" brown grosgrain ribbon to match my pink and brown polka dotted ribbon, but either I dreamed it up or I used it already.  I tried it once with just the polka dot, but it really needed something else.  I decided to fake thicker ribbon by using two lengths of 3/8" ribbon, then layering my 7/8" ribbon in between.  I use my ATG to attach ribbon to most projects and it's perfect for this - because you have a bit of wiggle room if you need to reposition the ribbon.  IF you are super careful, you could always use a little hot glue too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Before you go...I have some thoughts on scrap-lifting etiquette.  Last night I saw a project posted on Facebook by another crafter...no big deal, except that I recognized that another crafting friend made the EXACT same project two years ago.  (It's an amazingly beautiful project - it's been pinned a lot.)  It's TOTALLY ok to use blogs and Pinterest for inspiration - that's what they are here for, BUT it is not ok to not link back to the original project.  It gets a little tricky with Pinterest, but you can help.  When you pin a photo from a blog, make sure it's from the ACTUAL blog post - not just the blog address.  It's just common courtesy.  Let's all try and respect each other's talent.  

3 comments:

silly_girl_823 said...

That ice cream sure looks yummy! I think the idea of an ice cream to go box is great. Best of luck on your new roamer!

Amy V

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

I would love to get an ice cream kit - how fun!! What a great idea and your version couldn't be cuter! :)

- Mel

Beckie said...

It's great!! LOVE your project.


Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Store